Today is a special day.

Rob and I have been married for 7 1/2 years.

Before that we dated for 6 1/2 years.

For those that dated for a while before being married, you can relate - it feels great to surpass the time you spent dating with the time you've been married, doesn't it!?

And then a couple years ago I realized I have known Rob for more than half my life...

Crazy for sure... but not really the point... I'm back on track now, I promise.

Homecoming, 10.17.97

Back in October of 1997, Rob asked me if I wanted to "make it official" which I guess is the less cheesy way of saying "Will you be my girlfriend?" We had been hanging out for a few weeks before that, but weren't exclusively committed until 10.10.97.

We met playing tennis in High School - photo dated 10.17.97

Rob always liked our 10.10 date - something about it being easy to remember... Of course, we had to go make it more complicated when we got married in May, but I still like to make mention of the 10.10 day whenever it arrives. In my mind it's just another excuse to get a kiss and a lingering hug from my man and think back to the good ole days.

And today - 10.10.10 - well, that's the ultimate!!
(Yes, Julie... that's my Gidget impersonation!)

On 10.10.97, I really had no idea what God had in store for us.
I can't thank Him enough for the blessings He's poured over us since then.
And I can't imagine what He's got in store for our future.

Here is a picture Rob drew for me back in 1997.
Foreshadowing, perhaps... with Christ and Taylor Rose...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

One thing has changed since 10.10.97 that I didn't expect back then...

We, as a couple, have called upon the Lord... we have found Him, and He has found us.

And now, on 10.10.10, we couldn't imagine living life any other way.

Glory!!



This entry was posted on 12:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Them Clarkes said...

    Ah. I thank God for you three!

  1. ... on October 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM