Yep... 

Spring Break, Baby!

That is... Spring Break... with a Baby!  


We escaped for a long weekend to my Aunt's Cabin in one of my favorite towns in Texas - Hunt!  It's a "suburb" of Kerrville which is about an hour NW of San Antonio and is situated in a quaint little community on the Guadalupe River.  Rob and I came last year at almost the exact same time... I was pregnant and we considered the weekend our "babymoon!"  This year, not only did we get to share the weekend with sweet Taylor, but we got to introduce Rob's bro and his girlfriend to this wonderful place.



We did ALL sorts of things... hiked through a shallow spot in the river to the dinosaur tracks!  
Taylor rode along in the Bjorn.



The weather was PERFECT!  We played with bubbles and sat outside as often as possible.  When we weren't outside, we were napping inside with the windows wide open.  We ate the BEST made-to-order breakfast burrito's and visited with my other aunt who has a cabin across the field.  The guys went fishing while us girls drove to visit some local friends and my old summer camp where I have the most amazing childhood memories.  

Rob went swimming just long enough for me to snap this picture... still just a little too chilly!
He wanted me to join him... but I HAD to sit with T on the shore... not sure he actually bought that excuse, but after his reaction to the water there was NO WAY I was getting in!

We bathed T in the sink... classic style.  

Our last evening in Hunt was definitely a highlight.  
Taylor ate dinner outside and then played for a while before bed.

We had a feast ourselves... shrimp cocktail (thanks mom!!), steaks (thanks Chris & Rob!!) and green beans (thanks Miche!!)... among other yummy things. 

We had such an awesome time with Uncle Chrisper (that's what Taylor calls him) and Michelle!

(Side note: I was hoping to insert a picture of Rob and me here, but the batteries died just as we passed the camera for a shot!  Doh!)

I was sad to leave... but am excited about the potential of coming back this summer!  What a blessing to spend time in such a beautiful place.  Taylor surprised me by just going with the flow... and I didn't even mind getting up early with her on my "vacation" since I was able to fit in some precious time with my sweet Savior during her morning naps while the others slept in. I'm already looking forward to Spring Break Twenty Eleven!


This entry was posted on 8:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: