During our trip to Memphis, Taylor and I got a chance to visit Graceland with the other gals in the family.  Taylor seemed to enjoy most of the outing... except she started screaming while we were making our way through the trophy hall.  Luckily she was just tired and went right to sleep.  
The land and home were beautiful - it seems as though the house is kept in a time capsule - just the way it was when Elvis' "prescription drugs got the better of him."


I took a bunch of pictures of the inside, but because flashes weren't allowed they didn't turn out very well.  Regardless, there was lots of shag carpeting (on both the floor and ceiling!), three tv's in one room (revolutionary at the time), purple and gold dining room chairs, Elvis' favorite white couch, and a fairly standard kitchen.  In addition to the house we got to tour his airplanes and his automobile collection - all of which were pretty over the top!  
This little car is from the movie "Blue Hawaii" which is the only Elvis flick I've seen... a romance with classic Elvis songs.  
Here's his famous pink cadillac... 
These are the clothes he and Pricilla were married in... 
And here are a few of his more famous costumes.
Elvis is buried on site along with his parents and grandmother... there is also a plaque in honor of his twin brother (I didn't know he had a twin either) who was stillborn.  Can you imagine if BOTH of them were entertainers?
All in all, I learned a lot about "The King" and enjoyed the tour (especially all the music!) - but I couldn't help but wonder about the number of people that came before me and wore the headset I was given without it being cleaned... go figure.  


This entry was posted on 7:40 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Lizzie Collum said...

    How fun! I used to be obsessed with Elvis when I was a kid. I used to play house and my name was Priscilla and my "husband" was Elvis. Weird, I know!

  1. ... on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM