Psalm 30:5 - For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

I have so been enjoying the lazy mornings I get to spend with Taylor these days.  This morning was like many of the others... Typically Rob leaves for work, although this morning he left early to go fishing, so it was just her and me.  She woke me up around 6:45 to eat.  If we have the time after filling her belly and changing her diaper we like to sit and talk to each other.   I take it as a chance to really soak up her joy.  





It never ceases to amaze me... the Bible tells us to have faith like little children - believing wholeheartedly in our God and His promises.  Not that Taylor is old enough to have faith or know what it is, but I really think she might be wise beyond her years.  Regardless of the previous day's events Taylor wakes up smiling these sweet little heart-melting smiles.  Her complete, unadulterated joy reminds me that I should be joyful too - I have every reason to be joyful!   Thanks to Jesus Christ, each morning holds new mercies and a second chance to get it right.  Each sunrise is an unfailing reminder of God's faithfulness.  Like Taylor, the birds sing God's praises with the dawn of each new day.  Each of us has God's favor, and joy comes in the morning.  Thank you, Daddy God, for all these things... and thank you for the precious gift of a daughter to remind me daily.  


This entry was posted on 4:35 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Lizzie Collum said...

    These pictures are so great!! She is beautiful!

  1. ... on November 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM