One morning while carrying Taylor down the stairs I kept telling her how much I loved her while snuggling a bit.

She stuck her arm straight out with her hand against my shoulder, looked at me with a stern expression and said, "Stop loving me!"

I couldn't help but laugh at her straight-forwardness and told her, "Sorry sweetheart, I'll never stop loving you."

In the moment, the idea just seemed crazy - that she would refuse my genuine, pure love for her. And maybe you can see where I'm going with this... but how often have I done this with God? How often do my actions speak as clearly as Taylor's extended arm and furrowed brow?

Praise the Lord that God's love for me isn't based on anything I have any control over.
Eternal love.

Think on that for a while.


This entry was posted on 7:59 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: