As a baby, Taylor called me Mama.

I was kinda sad when that turned into Mommy...

Last week she was calling me Mom.
And that was just too much for me - I kept telling her I was her Mommy... and she'd say, "No, you're my Mom!"

As of yesterday she was calling me Mud Door.
At the park, "Help me Mud Door!"
At bedtime, "Mud Door, Mud Door!"
When she woke up this morning... "Muuuuud Doooooor!"
In case you're wondering, that's her pronunciation of Mother.

I'm not sure why she's trying out all these versions of my name... but last night when I was trying to calm her down at bed time (bug bites have been uncomfortable for her, but that's a different story) in between "Mud Doors" she said "Mommy" and it totally melted my heart and I couldn't resist picking her up and holding her for a while.

In case you want to see it first hand, I tried to catch a video of this... this is an after dinner video full of all sorts of things... the Mud Door comes in around 1:50 if you dare hang around that long.


I love my daughter!
And I don't mind being a Mud Door at all!


This entry was posted on 7:40 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Katie said...

    I remember when Jack started to call me "mom". He still throws a "mama" in there sometimes. I feel you whole-heartedly! Hang in there Mud Door. They grow WAY too fast!

  1. ... on October 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM  
  2. Anonymous said...

    Aw! Mud Door!! Oh Geeze.. she melts my little heart too!
    -JujuB

  3. ... on October 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM