Most of you know that I'm not really one to, say, enjoy pink as much as the next gal. Although I have to agree that little T looks pretty good in pink... as is evident by her pink ensemble. But, she looks good in everything to me...


Those booties lasted about one minute before being taken off and put to better use.

Since having Taylor, a few things have changed that I feel are worth noting. It might be more comprehensive to make a list of what HASN'T changed... but I can't even think of one thing... hmm... anyway... back to what I was saying... some observations:
1. I sit on the floor... a lot.
2. We talk about poo way too much. And we (or at least I) enjoy it.
3. Life is so much deeper... has so much more meaning.
4. Rob talks sweet... a lot. And he found out that I've been listening to him "sweet-talking" through the monitor. In an effort to keep his sweetness between T and himself, he turned off the monitor the other day. This ended up being more trouble than it was worth. He should have just let me listen. I'm just sayin'...
5. We have dinner at the table (instead of on the couch)... all three of us. Well - she's ON the table, but whatever.
6. I don't love on the dogs like I used to... and that makes me sad.
7. Just check the glass of water on my nightstand to see if she slept through the night. The fuller the glass, the better the night sleep. Each time I get up I tend to take another gulp... empty glass = not a good night sleep, but at least I'm hydrated?!
8. I can't watch the same TV shows, movies, or news stories I used to... anything involving children and hardships... they just hit too close to home.
9. I don't just need God... I'm desperate for Him.
10. I actually DO like pink... in small quantities... and light shades. Shhh... don't tell.





This entry was posted on 12:05 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Kristin said...

    #2. LOL. I know what you mean!
    #3. Isn't it crazy how heavy the weight of responsibiity of parenthood is?! But how glorious that God injects a greater amount of joy into your life to not only counteract the burden, but make it one you are thankful to carry?!
    #6. You know I'm not dog-crazy, but T is one more person who can love on Doby and Taisy in a couple years. That will be fun for them, too!

  1. ... on February 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM  
  2. Trish said...

    Ditto on it all. Isn't being a mother wonderful? :)

  3. ... on February 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
  4. Shannon said...

    Love this! Isn't it amazing how much your life changes? I can't even remember life before kids at this point and it has not even been three years! Great post!

  5. ... on February 3, 2010 at 8:33 PM